Training Specialist - Upstate Western New York
Training Specialist – Upstate Western New York
Independent Contractor Role - Full-Time
The Training Specialist will contract directly to the OSR to represent Eminence and is not an employee of Eminence. The role responsibilities listed below will take up an average of 5 days per week. The number of hours worked per month will depend on the number of accounts that need to be trained in any given month. The candidate should have some level of flexibility to accommodate these 5 days per week. The number of days required per month may increase over time.
As the Training Specialist, your main focus if providing training and sales support to existing Spa Partner accounts. You will work closely with the OSR and the Eminence Central Office in Vancouver, Canada to provide extraordinary training and service to Spa Partners. As part of the Outside Sales team, you will receive and process Spa Partner orders while fielding inquiries regarding orders and training. You will use expert knowledge of products, skin care, massage therapy, seasonal promotions, training techniques and extraordinary Spa Partner service to provide exciting trainings to each Spa Partner on a regular basis.
- Participate in all sales activities necessary to achieve the sales targets for each Fiscal Year (Fiscal Year runs from 1-Oct to 30-Sep of each calendar year)
- Conduct regular business meetings with decision-maker(s) at each Spa
- Regularly prospect new Spa Partner accounts within assigned geographical area
- Increase product penetration by expanding the Eminence product portfolio in each Spa Partner accounts
- Drive 'uptake' of seasonal Eminence promotions and other Eminence promotions as directed by the OSR
- Partner with Spa Partners and the OSR to address challenges and opportunities in each business (including, for example: menus, backbar, retail merchandising, pricing) - including use of the Eminence Onsite Quarterly Checklist and Marketing Checklist
- Deliver training to each Spa Partner at their spa location on a quarterly basis and provide Monthly Support Visits to Spa Partners that achieve a specific revenue threshold
- Providing Opening Order trainings once a month for the first 3 months after opening a new account, as directed by the OSR
- Maximize the information retention of Spa Partners through tailored, inspirational, question-based training
- Product Instruction Manuals are provided by Eminence
- Send an After Training follow-up email to each account within 48 hours to answer any unresolved questions during training, provide any promised materials, etc.
- Assist Spa Partners with placing orders and managing their inventory
- Support Spa Partners with the coordination of special events as directed by the OSR
- Record detailed recap of all on-site trainings to be send in to the OSR within 48 hours
- Opportunity to attend annual local Tradeshow(s) and Regional Training Events with OSR as a representative of Eminence
- Attend Eminence Annual Business Conference in Vancouver once a year (approximately 5 days in July or August) for further training and education
- Has a current Esthetician License and has been currently practicing for a minimum of 2-3 years
- Minimum 1 year conducting Eminence Organic Skin Care Treatments in a Spa - preferred
- A dual (Massage Therapy) license is an asset
- Minimum 1-year facilitation/presentation experience is as asset
- Background in how to run a business is an asset
- Background in sales is an asset (previously responsibility for running a sales territory preferred)
- Ability to travel through winter conditions and a vehicle suited to do so
- Valid credit card, mobile phone, and driver's license for assigned territory is mandatory
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally when needed
- Ability to travel overnight within the territory for up to 1 night
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills - punctuality and reliability are essential
- Customer Service skills
- Computer skills (especially PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Please submit a resume with a cover letter.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, November 16th, 2022, at 9pm PST.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. As a Certified B Corporation®, Eminence Organics continues to meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency for employees, customers and the community.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about maintaining an inclusive workplace that encourages and values diversity.