Eminence Organic Skin Care
The Property Accountant is a hands-on role supporting the day-to-day management of the full-cycle property accounting function. The Property Accountant will also provide accounts payables and administrative support to the Finance Team as needed. The Property Accountant will report directly to the Controller and work collaboratively with the Finance Team.
- Full cycle accounting for the assigned portfolio includes multiple Commercial properties.
- Record tenant payments, including cash receipts and payment supplier invoices.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and recoveries.
- Prepare GST reconciliation and remittances and perform lease reviews.
- Prepare annual tenant rental schedules and Annual recovery cost invoices for net leased tenants.
- Prepare monthly rent rolls and CAM recoveries/reconciliations.
- Produce quarterly financial statements for commercial property companies.
- Manage the year-end process and coordinate with external accountants on tax filings.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's income-producing property portfolio.
- Prepare supplier payments, EFTs, and cheques.
- Respond to supplier and tenant queries and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review and monitor supplier payables and tenant collections.
- Provide bookkeeping services for a family-owned business
- Scan, file and organize documents and historical records.
- Assist the Controller in managing all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Perform various other accounting and administrative duties as assigned
- A certificate or diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Working towards a CPA designation is beneficial but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Commercial and Residential property accounting is required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is an asset.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 is an asset.
- Exposure to working in a multi-currency environment is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, adjust to shifting priorities and manage time effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multiple-deadline environment.
- Flexibility to support beyond core business hours when necessary.
- Competitive salary, quarterly and annual bonuses based on individual and company goals
- 100% employer-paid premiums for extended health, health spending account, wellness program, green transportation incentive, various paid time-off options available from your first day, and product discounts
- Focus on professional development, 1:1 meetings with your leader, tuition assistance program and length of service rewards
Please submit a resume with a cover letter.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, November 30th, 2022, at 9pm PST.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. As a Certified B Corporation®, Eminence Organics continues to meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency for employees, customers and the community.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about maintaining an inclusive workplace that encourages and values diversity.